Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Meg: Where is Tulle?


My students were very funny today.  I gave them a quiz with questions about the US in multiple choice form, for example, Who was the first President of the United States?  a. George Bush b. George Washington or c. Boy George.  We read all the questions aloud and they did a pretty good job on the quiz in general.  Than I made them write questions about France for Americans (namely me) to answer.  Here are two of the questions that they wrote: 

In case you can't read this, it says: Where is Tulle? a. It's lost b. I don't know or c. doesn't exist.  I thought it was pretty funny that they know just how small their town in.  However, as the class continued the questions began to get sillier and sillier.  And although there were some serious questions like, What is the most famous monument in Paris? and Where does the President of France live? I got a couple other gems out of them.  Not pictured here, one of the students asked: What color is Sarkozy's white horse?  (There had been a questions similar to that on the American quiz.)  But the options were a. green b. black c. pink.  I wisely answers c. pink.  (The class knows that is my favorite color.)  Lastly, I got this gem:   


How tall is M. Sarkozy?  a. 2 meters b. 38.5 centimeters or c. 1.58 meters.  Which I found funny especially because those measurements mean absolutely nothing to me, so I chose 38.5 cm.  Good times.  Basically it was a very good day of teaching for me and I really enjoyed all the students I worked with. We had extra time at the end of class so I had them all play telephone, which didn't really work that well because I gave them sentences that were too easy.  Next time I'll be sure to carry some paper with me so that we can play pictionary telephone, which is far more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment