I’m here. In the Touquet. Laurent tells me the population is
closer to 3000 than 5000. The school has about 600 students. I am staying in a
hotel like room. The school has it set up so that the students can learn all about
the hospitality business so it is like a fake hotel here. I saw the house Chez
Madame Martin where I will probably be living. I am going back tomorrow to
finalize things and meet the German and Spanish assistants, if I haven’t
already. The school does meals here, which I will have to pay for if I want.
And there is one small market somewhere nearby I will have to go find. Laurent
drove me down the main street. There were lots of shops that I must explore,
probably tomorrow. I have no internet in my room here so I am going to try to
find an internet café tomorrow as well. The best way to get to England is
probably to go into Lille and take the Eurostar from there. The best way to get
to Lille is a 2 hour train…? I have to go to Lille next week for an orientation
thing. But apparently, there is no way to get to a train station without a car.
There are no buses or taxis here and it would be quite a long walk. This leads
me to believe I will probably be spending most of my time here since I will
have no way to get out of le Touquet. The German assistant drove here, I hear,
so perhaps if she and I become closer friends I’ll at least have a way to pick
up friends from the train station. She has to go to Lille next week too (her
orientation is in a different location but still nearby) so hopefully I can
catch a ride with her. We’ll see. I do wish I had internet in my room. I wish
to meet the Spanish and German assistants. I wish there was some form of public
transportation. But other than that, le Touquet seems nice.
Two hours later:
I left a note on Charlotte’s door telling her to come by my
room when she got in. 10 minutes later she did. And then Maria (the Spanish
assistant), Charlotte (the German assistant) and I all drove to the store to
get some food. We are all going to go look at the house tomorrow and another
house just for comparison. They are both super nice and I am looking forward to
living with them. I am currently waiting outside for them because we are all
going to walk to an internet café they know of. Although I seem to be getting
internet with my old password from Paris. I’m not sure how that works but I’m
glad it does.
Charlotte speaks English, French, Spanish, and German. Maria
speaks Spanish, English and some French. We have all decided to speak French
together which is good but I hope to learn some Spanish and German too, we will
see.
There is so much to say now that I am here but I think I
will wait and type it in the room. For now, here is my post. I have arrived
safe and sound at my final destination. We’ll see what happens from here.
No comments:
Post a Comment