Okay, so I'm headed to Le Touquet on Tuesday. I thought I'd jot down some of my knowledge and expectations as a sort of starting point that I can laugh at later when all my expectations are shattered.
What I think I know: Le Touquet is a small town right on the coast in the Lille region. Its population is roughly 5,000 people. Le Touquet is a popular tourist destination. I will be teaching in a specialty school for cooks, maids, and other hospitality services. I will be directly under a real teacher who will have me assist in the class or who will give me a group of students and a goal to accomplish. I will be working with 15-22 year olds. I will be working 12 hours a week. I'll be living in an apartment with the German and Spanish assistants.
What I hope to happen: I hope to be able to visit England easily across the Channel. I hope to find an additional job to take up some of the extra time I'll have. I hope to learn German or Spanish from my roommates. I hope to get very familiar with the region as well as visiting Belgium, Germany, England, and also hopefully Spain and Italy. I hope to make lots of friends and greatly improve my French.
There you have it. Know when I tell you about how things actually are in future blogs you can compare them to what I was expecting to happen (you can be sure I will be).
No comments:
Post a Comment