Sunday, January 22, 2012

Rosetta: C'est La Vie.

The weather finally shifted to being cold enough to freeze the grass and damp and rainy. I've been keeping warm though, either in bed in my pajamas or outside with long johns and layers. I had a pretty good weekend. We had an impromptu fajita night here on Friday. The unfortunate part was that it was so impromptu that I had just eaten dinner when I found out about it so I only managed to eat one fajita when the time came a couple hours later. Saturday night we were invited to Florie's house to play Trivial Pursuit in French, it was very difficult. Not only did I very rarely know an answer, there were several times I didn't even understand the question. But we had a good time anyways and laughed a lot. Today, I spent of the day inside and then this evening we went to our landlady's nephew's house for dinner. He had prepare a Raclette for us. A Raclette is a type of cheese that is eaten in a very specific way. There is an apparatus the is like a little box with slots in the sides you can slide your mini-tray into and then it heats up really hot. So you put a slice of cheese on your tray, slide it into the 'oven' and let it get nice and sizzly and melted. Then you pour it over whatever you want. This evening we had steamed potatoes and smoked ham with our Raclette, it was very good. Afterwards, we had some homemade chocolate cake. We got to take home all the leftovers (as well as some chicken) because Arnaud is heading to Paris for a week. Dinner was delicious and entertaining and I love leftovers so all in all it was a very good evening. I only have three hours of school tomorrow in the afternoon as one of my usual classes has an exam but maybe I will go in early and prepare a couple of activities out of the English activity books my teacher lent me. Some of the activities actually seem pretty entertaining. More on that when I've done the activities and can tell you how they turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment