I had two hours of class today, which happily was interrupted by about an hour of class photo time. So I was in their class photo. I had such great kids today, it was a lot of fun. They were adorable and talkative and ready to participate in English with a smile. I wish all classes were like that. I ended up only being able to see 3 groups of 4 students for 20 minutes each. We talked about the photo the teacher had given them (to practice describing what they see) and after I felt like we had exhausted the subject I let them play the movie guessing game.
I have to go to the doctor next Tuesday morning at 8AM in Lille. This means I have to spend the night there, in a 20€ youth hostel. Talk about expensive. I am waiting to see if a friend of a friend in Lille will let me stay with her instead but on the other hand I guess having at least one youth hostel experience in Lille wouldn't kill me. The good news is that I have Monday off so I have the opportunity to go spend the weekend in Lille if I want. Or I can just spend the day Monday there with a girl I met at our last orientation.
It is getting cold here. Today I wore long-johns under my pants and a long sleeve shirt under my sweater, as well as gloves and a scarf. My face and ears were still pretty chilly on my walk to school, and my breath was visible. I hear that last year they got like 2 feet of snow here. I am excited for the snow. I will enjoy it, at least for a little while. They've started to put up lights and the center round-about has a field of fancy fake white christmas trees in the center. I can't wait for them to light up the town, I hear it is gorgeous.
No comments:
Post a Comment