Friday, November 18, 2011

Rosetta Shaw: Friday

Yesterday was Thursday. Today is Friday.
I had class at 8AM. And I will be doing that every other Friday from now on. The best part is that I volunteered for it and I am doing it outside my 12 working hours. I volunteered for several reasons, I like the teacher, I like to go above and beyond, I like to be useful, etc. Today in class the teacher, Elisabeth, told me that last year these students didn't have a right to the language assistant because they are doing a program where they only have class every other week and every other week they work. So she is very happy to have me. Which makes me want to help her out even more. So far, she seems like a very good teacher. She has a very good accent and is quite relaxed and sociable in class. The first class I had with her today had only two students and she just wanted them to talk. She wrote helpful words on the board and just let me talk to them. About halfway through she left us to go buy everyone a cup of coffee from the teacher's lounge. I am not sure if she did it so I could have some time alone with the students or if she just thought we would all enjoy a cup of coffee but either way I was tickled she did it. Elisabeth was wearing a small cross on her necklace and I asked her about it, because here they have laws stating that you can't wear any visible sign of religion in schools, crosses, head scarves, etc. She told me it was not allowed but she didn't really care. She is very nice and amusing and she offered to look up the best route for me to get to my doctor's appointment in Lille next week.
Tomorrow is Saturday and Sunday comes afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment