Thursday, November 17, 2011
Rosetta: What A Day
Wow, so the day before yesterday was the kind of day were everything went a little bit wrong. But today is the kind of day where everything goes a little bit right! I had to wake up early to get to a 9AM class. On my walk to school, "Taylor, the Latte Boy" played on my iPod and put a huge grin on my face because, not only is the song just super funny, but it also reminds me of Savannah. So there I am walking down the street with this big smile and that made everyone I passed smile too. A good way to start the day. Class went fine, I did two more of those preparation oral exams. The first boy was fluent in English and had really prepared and blew me away, the second boy was a boy I knew already from a couple social gatherings and his English was at a very low level. Following the grading rubric Annie had given me I had to give him a very bad grade but I wished I could change it. I had this thought though and the next time I see him I am going to offer him an exchange, I will tutor him in English if he will tutor me in French. So then after class, I went to the teacher's lounge to pick up my stuff before coming home for a couple of hours before my next class. While I was in class I saw Mina, the spanish teacher who had promised to lend us her DVD player. So I asked her how she was and if we could still have the DVD player. She said that she would bring the DVD player tomorrow and then we proceeded to have a 30 minute conversation in which we talked about books, movies, Christmas planes and trains, and she told me my French had improved greatly and that a student had told her how nice the American assistant was! And then as I was walking out of the school, very happy and self-satisfied, I had the song "What a day for a daydream" running through my head, because it is a very upbeat cheerful song that I felt reflected my mood. I put my headphones in and skipped the song I had been listening to before, a techno dance type song, and the first song that came one was "What a day for a daydream"! So here I am at 11AM on my 4 hour lunch break, at noon we are going to hood up the internet box which finally arrived in the mail and today has already been a wonderful day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment