Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Rosetta: Random Thoughts

There is a sign on the door of one of the shops here. It says in Egnlish, "If this store is closed please go to the store behind you, it is the same shop." And sure enough, you turn around and across the street is the same store. I'm not sure why.

There is this sign with rainbow block letters that keeps attracting my attention. Every time I see it I think, ooh what is that? It is a poster for the meeting of an Alzheimer's support group. I have been curious about this sing at least three times now, maybe I should go to the meeting.

Today in class a boy asked me i had tried Comté (a french cheese). A girl then informed him that they don't have cheese in America... or mussels.

I was at home alone today so I figured it would be a good time to vacuum and mop. About 10 minutes later both my roommates came home for lunch and our landlady's nephew stopped by (I was of course in my pajamas). Oh, and then the vacuum bag was full so I had to sweep and couldn't vacuum the stairs.

Laurent, my English teacher, was running at dusk and caught a twig to the eye. He came to class with the white of his eye entirely bright red. It looked very bad but he assured the glass that it didn't hurt anymore and didn't affect his vision but that it would stay red for a while... like a bruise.

Not once have I heard, 'this is how we used the English assistant last year.' I'm not sure why but I have heard that they did not have a great experience with their language assistants. I still wonder why everyone is acting like this is the first time they've worked with a language assistant.

I borrowed the film Billy Eliot from the library. I don't think I've seen it since I saw it with my grandparents in the theatre. I was happy because in theatres it was rated PG13 so I got to see it but when it came out on film it was rated R. So I got to see an R rated movie.

Last night I went to volleyball practice with my roommates. It is a community group that has an instructor and is open to the public. Afterwards they were going to go to a bar for a drink so I came home alone. It was 10 o'clock so I put on my pajamas and went downstairs to make dinner (I had not wanted to eat before volleyball but we ended pretty late). As I was headed downstairs my roommate came in, they had decided to have dinner at our house. My two roommates and 4 boys from volleyball. So I hung with them in my pj's and we made pasta, Surprise Soirée.

Mandarin oranges and Petit Écolier cookies (cookies with a layer of chocolate on top) are my new vices.

I counted 10 different kinds of Coke (vanilla, cherry, zero, light etc) and one Pepsi, but I was unable to find a single Rootbeer.


No comments:

Post a Comment