Saturday, December 8, 2012

Back to France (and a few more blogs)

Hello,
I am again headed to France. A couple of weeks ago, it struck me quite suddenly that the term was almost over and I would be left with a month of unaccounted for time. So I bought a ticket to France because what else was I going to do with all that time? So I will be spending two days in Paris with Agathe (my french exchange student roommate of three years ago), and then the rest of my stay in Rennes with Rachelle (my old college buddy).

Several people jokingly (or seriously) asked me if I was going to blog again, and even more asked me to keep them updated with my doings. Well, I suppose the easiest way to inform everyone of what I'm doing is to add a couple more posts to French Coins while I am away.

I left today. I caught a 4PM shuttle to the airport because the alternative was the 5PM which might not arrive the required 2 hours before my flight. We hit a little traffic but ended up arriving around 5:30, a good 2 and a half hours early. The airport was strangely deserted. I checked my bags and waltzed through security (not literally) amidst friendly smiles and banter from the relaxed staff. There was no one in front or behind me in line. I arrived at my gate a full two hours to spare and was delighted to find outlets for my computer and free internet. So here I am.


I leave at 8PM and arrive in NY tomorrow at 8AM, their time. I have plans to meet up with friends but even if the plans fall through I am looking forward to getting outside a little and maybe finding a nice café in which to sip a coffee. Worse case scenario I plan to find a movie theatre somewhere and bunker down with a good film while I await my next flight. But I don't think it will come to that. My spirits are high, I have good books, movies, and my computer so I will be well entertained. See you on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment