Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas 2012

Last night, Christmas Eve, after a good Christmas movie, Shell and I headed to Midnight mass. The Church is right next door so it was only about a 10 minute walk in the rain. The service took place in a relatively small old church. There was a balcony behind us on which the choir sang and rows of rows of chairs for the people attending the service. We sat and stood in unison with the rest of the congregation listening to a lot of French and some Latin. The most fun part for me was getting to see the lyrics to the songs written in both Latin and French. I think I learned a little Latin. I also enjoyed listening to the sermon in French.

We stayed there for about an hour and then when everyone got up to eat the body of Christ we snuck out. When we got home we started another Christmas movie but weren't able to finish it before falling asleep.

We woke up this morning a bit before 10:00am and had a present fest. It was pretty fun with all the little things in our stockings and a couple of bigger presents. Shell made me a book box. She took an old French text and cut out the inside of the pages so that it is a secret box instead of a book. I love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment