I had a wonderful romp around Rennes today. I was out walking about for almost 3 hours. It was pretty chilly, I could see my breath, however I was almost warm enough without a jacket on as I was walking briskly. Near the end of my walk I started to be a little chilly. I saw all kinds of neat little shops. I love it here. One of my requirements for liking a town is how easy it is to find your way around. I was able to walk all over and see streets and streets of shops and still find a direct route home. There are all kinds of interesting things in walking distance of the apartment, add to that the fact that the people here are genuinely nice and I had a great day.
I found oodles of things I wanted to buy, if I didn't have as much self control I could be totally broke by now. I really should have made a list of all the things I wanted to purchase so I could refer to it later. I got a stocking stuffer for Shell (since she hung stockings) and found a good place to buy sushi makings. I also checked out the movies playing in the nearby cinema and talked to a man about how we need to change the financial system to make the world a better place (he had some negative things to say about Obama).
As I was walking home, a group of boys called after me and then professed their love for me, one saying he loved my beautiful smile, the other asking if I would adopt him, and then both agreeing they loved me. A little while later a cute lone boy standing in a stairwell smoking a cigarette said, "Excuse me miss, will you adopt me? I can cook and clean and do laundry." I told him I could not adopt him but wished him luck. He told me how adorable I am and we parted ways. I guess 'will you adopt me' is a pick-up line in these parts.
No comments:
Post a Comment