Yesterday I managed to do the laundry without any mentionable difficulties so I have clean clothes now which is good. I also have new boots now but that is unrelated to the laundry.
After Rachelle got home from work yesterday we went on a small shopping expedition where she and I both bought eye liner (because we needed it) and we looked at boots. I gave myself permission to buy one pair of black boots while I'm here because that is something I don't have and often regret not having. Rachelle found the perfect weather proof shoes for her and I found a likely pair of boots for me, however I decided to sleep on it before making a purchase. After shoe shopping, of course we were hungry so we hit the Carrefour that we right next door and stocked up on groceries. For dinner we had a delicious, cheap and easy vegetable soup and a delicious, cheap and easy salad. After dinner we played cards and watched an episode of French Amazing Race. There was a very Christmas atmosphere to the evening.
This morning I showered and tried on my new eye liner. Shell had a mid-afternoon break so we hung out in her apartment and studied the presidents for a little while before she had to head back to work. I took the Metro with her to her stop and then we parted ways and I made a couple of quick stops to buy some stocking stuffers I had spotted out earlier. On my way home I stopped and bought the boots I'd been eyeing and some rosemary for the potatoes I want to cook tonight. There was no spice called 'rosemary' on the shelf and I wasn't sure what the French word was. The closest I could find was 'romarin' and I wasn't sure if it was the same spice. On the back it said that the original name in French was 'rosée de mer' or in English 'ocean dew' but I figured 'rosée de mar' sounded enough like rosemary that it probably was the right spice. When I got home, I opened it up and smelled it and I was right so I am excited for my potatoes tonight.
Finally decided to spy on your blog. Your writing is always entertaining. Glad you're having fun an making Rosemary potatoes, living it up! Proud of you Sis, Megan says hi too!
ReplyDelete