| Limoges |
Here is where I met mistake number 3 the of trip (remember the bed instead of a seat and the stop over in Limoges). When I first booked my tickets and e-mailed the teacher what time I'd be arriving, I booked for the wrong day. I quickly realized my mistake and fixed it, not realizing that the times were different. Therefor, I told the teacher I would be getting in at 8, when I really got into 6. After about an hour of waiting I started to panic. I had stood/sat in the station trying to look as American as possible, and I was worried that she had forgotten about me. Thankfully, I decided to check, and I called my mother and had her check my e-mail and we discovered the problem. And the teacher came right on time and gave me the warmest best welcome I could have ever asked for. I stayed with her for two nights before moving into my apartment on campus.
| From my window, the other middle school across the hills. |
Here's where you get to learn about stairs. The city of Tulle is nicknamed, like Rome, the city of seven hills. They weren't kidding about the hills. The center of town is in a valley and on the two hills across from each other with town in the middle, is perched my two middle schools. On different hills. I've counted the stairs up to my apartment, which happens to be 182. I haven't climbed the other hill yet. My sister said, and she's right, that I'm not going to need a gym membership this year. Not only are the hill steep and embedded with stairs, but it was been ungodly hot this last week. We've been in the upper 80's every day. Every. single. day. Everyone at the school keeps talking about how great the weather is and I just silently sulk while they talk about it.
| STAIRS! |
The last things I need to mention in this very long post is that while my apartment has all the furnishings needed: cooking utensils, comfy chairs, a table, bedding and towels provided, it does not have what I crave the most. Internet. I can go and check my e-mail on one of the school's computers, where Facebook is blocked. I didn't realize how much I needed/wanted Facebook until I had to live a week without it. However, the solution to this problem is the same as Rose's, which is to get a 3G card. Unfortunately, to get one of those, I have to have a bank account, which I don't currently have. I'm working on it though, and I hope to have full internet access by next weekend. Or the weekend after that.
That's it for now, I'll probably write more before I go to bed tonight (I'm in Limoges, in a hotel, with wonderful, wonderful WIFI). Until the next time... every time you have to climb stairs, think of me!
No comments:
Post a Comment