Sunday, October 30, 2011

Rosetta: Guest Etiquette

You know what I miss? That thing in the bathroom that holds the toilet paper for you while you unroll it. Here, in my new house, we don't have one of those.

Charlotte tells me that it is illegal to sell Stevia as a sweetener in Germany. What? Isn't Stevia supposed to be even healthier than sugar? Why would it be banned? Her response: it would put the sugar companies out of business. There you have it, they can buy Stevia in small quantities very expensively for uses other than as a sweetener.

I was invited to tea today at my landlady's house (the house that is right next store... or rather, the other half of our house, where she stays sometimes). Her son will be there. She already mentioned 'discreetly' that her nephew, who helped us set up our internet, is single. Good thing her son is engaged or I might suspect that this was a set-up. As it is, I think it is simply a nice gesture. I don't particularly want to go but I think it will be a nice gesture in return to go... Maybe I should bring something for her: Chocolate? Wine? Tea biscuits? I really have no idea what would be appropriate. I guess you can't really go wrong with chocolate (although it is pretty expensive here).

Tomorrow I am going to lunch with my English teacher and his family. I should probably bring something for them too. I'm headed shopping now so I think I'll pick up something suitable while I'm out. And a movie. I am going to pick up a movie while I am out too.

**********************************************************************************
I picked up some Ferrero Rocher chocolates. You can't really go wrong with those.

No comments:

Post a Comment