Sunday, October 2, 2011

Rosetta: The New House


          The funny thing about moving into a house with two other girls: the first thing we did was clean… a lot. And then we went to store to get more things to clean with. Now we are all installed in our own rooms (although Charlotte and Maria are going to change rooms in two months because they both favor the far room that no one has to walk through ever), I moved the beds to give myself more privacy but it made my room seem much smaller. It’s okay though, I’d just get my room all messy if it were bigger, this way I have to keep it very clean. I was a bit worried about where I would put all my stuff but so far it all fits (I hung all my jewelry on the corkboard and that worked great.
            The house is great. It was a bit dusty when we got here but it is fairly clean now… though still old. Right now we are listening to a very old fashioned radio, but it still works. There is a big sitting room and a new television, which is nice. Also, I really like our landlady so I am glad we picked this place. Today I spend 87€ on food and sheets (my bed didn’t come with any… of either). I bought extra sheets because I thought I could use them to cover the comforter, which was also bare. Turns out however, that I accidently bought two packages of fitted sheets. Each package came with two sheets… so I ended up with four fitted sheets. The funny thing is that while I was staring at my sheet options, I realized that drapes housse meant fitted sheets, I just didn’t look at what I’d picked out close enough. All’s well that ends well though because I ended up being able to fit two fitted sheets around the comforter. One fitted sheet I put on the bottom and I have one fitted sheet left over for the top bunk bed.  Now all I need is a top sheet and a comforter cover for the top bed and I can have company stay the night up there.
            We had the Spanish professor, Florie, come over for the contract signing to help facilitate everything. She is super nice. After we invited her over for the evening to have a glass of wine and christen our new house. She brought with her a male friend, I don’t know his name but he was another teacher. Having just watched the Dark Knight recently I was very amused when he kept doing the lick the side of his mouth thing much like the Joker does. He did it a tiny bit quicker and smaller but it still definitely reminded me of the Joker in a sort of creepy way. He was really nice though.
            After our evening here we went out for a drink at a bar. I didn’t really want a drink but I went for the experience. I ended up ordering a Pepsi (which cost my 4€), which I didn’t really enjoy but it was worth it for the experience and company.  It would definitely be an expensive habit if we were to do it often.

No comments:

Post a Comment