So the internet totally faked me
out. It worked well in my room for about an hour and then it left again. Great,
now I will be checking every five minutes to see if it is back. Tonight
Charlotte made us some pumpkin soup. Well it wasn’t really pumpkin, it was an
orange gourd of some sort and the closest translation we could come up with was
pumpkin. It was yummy but it was puréed and I like to have something to chew on
with my dinner. Charlotte says that we should have a different person make
dinner each week. I wonder what I could make. I’m thinking fried rice… or
pancakes. Although, I don’t even really like pancakes but it does seem fairly
American. Pizza maybe, that would be fun.
Tomorrow I have to go to the school
and give the secretary some paperwork. But I was unable to complete the
paperwork because I don’t have French social security yet and I won’t get that
until I mail in this other form and then go to the doctor and then receive the
social security number in the mail and Laurent told me I have to turn in this
paperwork as soon as possible so that I can get paid. So I am going to ask if I
can turn it in without the social security thing and give that to them later. I
also need to get a photocopy card from someone else at the school so I can make
copies. Then I need to make copies of my passport and mail them off (which
means also going to the post office), with a form, in order to live in France.
If I don’t do that my visa will be invalid and I’ll have to go home. So much
paper work! And it’s all in French.
I also need to go shopping
tomorrow. And I wanted to go to the library but it is closed on Monday so that
will have to wait until Tuesday. Lots and lots to do.
And now the internet is back so I
get to post this!
No comments:
Post a Comment