Sunday, October 2, 2011

Rosetta: Internet is Good


My bed is very comfortable, which I am happy about. It is a little warm for now but I am glad because it is going to get COLD, and when it does I will be glad to have such a warm bed. I woke this morning when Charlotte left her room at 9:30. I could tell it was very bright outside even though my curtain was down. The sun shines right into my room in the morning so if I ever want to wake up with the sun all I have to do is leave the curtains open.
            We don’t have internet in the house yet. Joker man from last night recommends a USB card with 3G. He says it works really well here in France. It would cost about 20€ a month. I am interested. We are going to Orange on Wednesday to look into it. It might be worth paying to have internet anywhere I go. And it is possible that Madame Deloffre with help pay for it. We’ll see. For now I will have to go to the school for internet or to an internet cafĂ©.
            Today I am going to take all my laundry to the lavatory (that’s what they call the room with all the washers and driers here).  We have a washer here but it is very small and there is no drier. Thus, since it is a lovely day outside again today, I am going to walk to the lavatory and run two or three loads of laundry (and dry them!) and then hopefully they won’t have any more wrinkles.
            ************************************************************************
Haha, so it turns out the lavatory sign (which I thought pointed towards the bathrooms but which Charlotte said was the Laundromat) actually pointed to the bathrooms, there are a lot of British people here. I ended up bringing all my laundry to the public toilet and then giving up and just washing it at home. But, since we don’t have a dryer, it is now all hanging from my bunk bed and outside and all over the place. I do have a fondness in my heart for driers.
So I just found that I’m able to access the internet from my room. This is awesome and ironic because I agreed to have the worst room in the house because the others down right refused it. It is the worst room in the house because you have to walk through it to get to the other bedroom so there is no privacy. The other room you have to walk through to get to my room and the last room but it is better because it is bigger, has plenty of storage space, and a big bed. Anyway, I agreed to have this room because it was the only way the three of us could stay in this house. I swung the bunk beds around so they make a sort of hallway and hung a blanket from the side for privacy. It works okay except for now my room is really small and I have to walk sideways to get into it past the bunk beds. Also, the only storage space is a drawer along the bottom of the bed, this means my bed side table needs to be pulled away from the bed whenever I want access to my clothes. But I manage. And now I have internet in my room I couldn’t be happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment