First, I want to say that I am super happy that this site is not blocked by the school computers and secondly, because I am on a French computer, I do not have English spellcheck, so if things are spelled wrong, please forgive me. I've had a fairly boring first couple of weeks here. I've yet to start teaching, although I am told that I will have at least two classes next Thursday. It feels as though that is forever away! The teachers here keep telling me to "profit" but it's hard when I feel like I've been on vacation for so long. I'm actually planning on talkng to one of them today to see if I really will have nothing to do until Thursday, because if that is the case, I think I'll take a trip to Poitiers, instead of sitting around here some more.
Like Rose, I had my orientation last week, although we did it all in one day, so I don't have to return to Limoges until my doctor's/visa appointment. I had a great time at mine though. It was so nice to finally meet everyone that I had been talking to online all summer. I enjoyed their company and I can't wait to meet up with them some more. The information we got on that day was so-so, but it was all worth it to see everyone. I'm hoping on planning weekend trips with everyone throughout the year, but that will be difficult until I get my internet situation figured out. (I'm hoping to have it by Tuesday/ Wednesday at the latest, because that is when my card comes in.) I should also be getting paid on Monday, which is pretty exciting, although it seems a bit silly because I am yet to do anything at all for the school, other than live in their appartment and use the internet in the prof's office.
No comments:
Post a Comment